dimanche 20 novembre 2016

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 11/16 + WIPOCALYPSE

Ce 14 novembre, on nous promettait une pleine Lune à 356.500 km de la Terre, un périgée exceptionnement bas, ciel bouché donc la seule proximité observable fût celle entre le Wipocalypse et le Gifted Gorgeousness, comme le mois passé.

On November the 14th, the Moon was full, appearing largest and brightest since 1948, but not in the sky here... we only observed the closeness of Wipocalypse and Gifted Gorgeousness,




kind of stitching eclipse


Some progress on two charts bought as gifts for me

Christmas tree  "Avvolgente Natale" - Serenita di campagna -














I added star and lighted the
candles with 3855
Autumn Gold DMC

le tour des flammes
et de l'étoile sont
brodés en DMC3855





















 good progress on Brin d'un jour, Marché de Noël



mon petit nounours est maintenant bien installé dans son stand,


sur coquelicot (chart from a magazine offered by Sheryl)



some new works,

As "ice skating" was a favorite
but too late theme for last Christmas,
I remembered this free from
Brooke's Books

"offered" on many blogs

En thème de Noël l'an passé
j'aimais bien les motifs autour
des patins à glace donc
j'ai repéré ce dessin gratuit
de chez Brooke's Books
n° 1 du calendrier de l'avent
des animaux


two  charts from my "Encyclopédie du point de croix" des idées de Marianne,

one for Christmas tag,

un petit Père Noël pour mes étiquettes







Another chart is those two angels I begun for an ornament gift for Christmas
to the sisters of Benedictine Abbaye from Bayeux where we rented a room in Normandy.


During this trip in Calvados, I visited a little shop in Courseulles sur Mer
"Sew this, stitch that", a link to the blog

http://merveillesabroder.over-blog.com/

Découverte du magasin "Couds ceci, brode cela" à Courseulles/Mer


here is the chart I bought


and the fabric, it's Aïda 8
but the fabric is a little bit darker than the linen of the pic

threads recommended are Atalie

on the photo, red, green and the dress of the deer
look variated colors
but converting DMC  are not
I'm afraid colors will be a little insipid
like 3790 for the deer
I already bought a 4140 for a test
and I am thinking of choosing a green 4045


I feel a little disappointed cause this shopping was supposed to be a simple "ready to stitch" and protect me from my too frequent propensity to change the colors to use stash or ajust the chart.

I will have to make some testings to adapt threads to the fabric.


Pour finir sur une note joyeuse, voici les charms
que j'ai reçu en cadeau de Jo, suite au GG post
du mois d'août,


This is the lovely assortment of charms offered by Jo
won in the Gifted Gorgeousness August post.


How charming!


Many other blogs to visit here

http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.fr/2016/11/gifted-gorgeousness-november-link-up.html













5 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the new Woodland scene design and hope you will find the right colours to stitch with.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Lovely projects, all coming along nicely. I especially love your tree. And I'm sorry your new purchase is causing problems, that's always disappointing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your stitching is lovely.You are working on so many projects at the same time.My favourite is sur coquelicot

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Lovely GG post :o)
    I love that Tra La La design... it's a shame that it's causing you problems.... sometimes the conversions do leave you feeling a bit down as the variegated threads add so much dimension to a piece. It is such a lovely design so I hope you can find the right colour thread and get stitching on it :o)
    Hugs xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Great GG post, my dear. Good luck with your Tra La La conversion - very sweet design. Your Christmas tree piece is looking lovely, too.

    RépondreSupprimer