mercredi 17 juin 2015

ETAPE/STEP 13 / 1



For this last step, all our lovely friends want to join us.... even if they don't really usually get on trains

Certains de nos amis non usagers habituellement des chemins de fer veulent se joindre à nous
à l'occasion de cette dernière étape





We are leaving  Pas de Calais (62)



10 commentaires:

  1. Ooh how exciting.... Looking at the picture, which is wonderful!! I have picked up.... I think it's dept 78 which is Yvelines the town is Versailles which has a meeting place called Hameau de lareine this is where the queen and her closest friends met for leisure.... To chat and sit and stitch. Going on the pictures you have drawn.... The same dept there is an Asterix park.... Looking at the parcel with the customs sticker and address to USA, there is a link to the Marvel and DC comics in the same dept..... This is what I have come up with so far...
    Smiles :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ooh I would like to sit, chat and stitch in Versailles with you all! How cosy it would be! Not the good answer, sorry. ;)

      Supprimer
  2. Good morning fellow travelers. I think we are headed for department 78 Yvelines and the city of Versailles.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It is said that there is 2300 rooms in Versailles castle. Could I just use a dozen of them.... one for the thread, one for the fabric, one for the wool, one for buttons, one for.... my friends visiting me (that sounds almost regal doesn't it!) ;) Anyway it's not the place we are going to! ;)

      Supprimer
  3. Hmmmm been thinking more.... Ok so the dept is 78 Yvelines I think the town maybe Rambouillet as in this town there is a train (sncf) line through it.... It has an American eagle monument situated at the southern entrance to the town.... It has a sheep museum, but also has a miniature train museum too.....it has large standing stones (menhir) ..... You have red blue gold silk on the picture you did.... Thinking on this more maybe it's the town colours on the coat of arms? Tough one... Still looking :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I went to Rambouillet some years ago because there is a museum of "jeu de l'oie" -goose game?- (I'm totally crazy about those boards games), trying to stitch one in my WIP; another great guess but not the good one. xxx

      Supprimer
  4. I've left Versailles and am spending the day at Asterix Park....not where we're supposed to be but it sure looks like fun.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. oh, the last destination! how sad!! :( but it's not over yet! :)
    so let me see.. I spot a 78 kg sticker on the package, so I'm heading towards department 78: Yvelines. the Ile-de-France! Versailles! ahhh!! I've been there, what a gorgeous place! anyways, we're not reminiscing now :D
    of all the museums this region is famous for, there's one in Jouy-en-Josas dedicated to cloth. the coat of arms of Jouy-en-Josas is red, blue and gold (like you indicated on the other sticker on the package) and has a rooster on it: Gallo-Roman age is the main setting for many of Asterix and Obelix's adventures :)
    the motto for the coat of arms is Recte et Viligenter, and who's our web gifted vigilante there? Spider Man! ;)
    hope I'm right, but if I'm not I'll have fun looking for another place that matches your clues - thank you so so much, Nadine!!
    and FANTASTIC JOB on Asterix and Obelix, MY FAVOURITE!! <3 <3 <3 <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I came up with Versailles too! Clearly not correct. Off to search some more.

    RépondreSupprimer