mercredi 27 mai 2015

ETAPE/STEP 10 / 1







We are leaving 03 Allier




5 commentaires:

  1. Goodness I have surely missed some wonderful places.... Oh but how lovely I join the train with Poirot.... He's just wonderful!! I cannot wait to see where the train goes next. So sorry for not joining in from where I left off... Really net been very well at all. Thankfully now on the mend.... hoping to see so lovely exciting sites in France :)
    Smiles :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I´m making my way to Alsace and while there must visit the DMC factory at Mulhouse.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. So glad, you're back ;););) You'll have to join your little grey cells to those of good old Poirot now. Feel free to read our last steps/posts (without looking on comments) and visit the previous sites we went before. Lot of kisses.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I hope Mr. Poirot is heading for 68 Haut-Rhin and stopping at Mulhouse for the Schlumpf collection.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. HAHA! I was right! Monsieur Poirot is guiding us this week, how lovely!
    so, the first interesting bit of information is in the book list: Saint Odile, as in St Odile of Alsace. our destination is in that department, I’m sure.

    lots of German then going on in the list (like you would expect from a destination that is so close to the German border): Krafft, Schlumpf.. I don’t know if we’re talking Smurfs now or what.. :D
    sorry for the digression: the Kraffts, who were Alsatians, were killed in the volcano eruption in 1991, but that happened in Japan.. very sad by the way, I didn’t know about them.
    anyways, Katia Krafft was born in Mulhouse, in Alsace, and the next book on the list: “the Schlumpf collection” brings me to Mulhouse too: there are two famous French car collectors named Schlumpf, and one of them (Federico “Fritz” Schlumpf) has his collection housed at the Musée National de l’Automobile de Mulhouse.
    so I’m packing for Mulhouse! see you there!

    RépondreSupprimer